Wednesday, August 25, 2010

untitled... new acrylic painting stage 1

Untitled - stage 1

I started on my latest acrylic painting this morning.. as yet the piece is untitled... guessing a name will come to me as I progress through this one.

Im looking forward to the challenge of painting the both the little girls face and the roan coloured appy in acrylics... the size of this a painting is quite large for me 24" x 30" but a good size to hang on the wall.

Stage 1... I painted the background using a mix of blue and white not minding that in places the white hasnt quite mixed with the blue giving a speckled effect which I hope will create a little interest in the background.

next I drew in the horse and rider... blocked in the whites on the helmet, joddies and the direction the white hair will be going in on the horses head.

Catherin McMillan

commissions welcome
original artwork for sale

gift vouchers and easy payment plan available

pay pal accepted

No comments: