Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lioness

Lioness

There are some things in life that are a lot of fun to do. Last week I attended the Mitchell Winter School of Arts in Bathurst NSW Australia, for the week, relearning watercolour. I haven't painted in watercolours for such a long time and really just want to get back into them.

I met a lot of wonderful people there who all ate, slept and lived art for the week. My tutor Stephen Powell a renowned Australian Wildlife artist was a great teacher, Ive already told my family that I would like to go back in 18 months to push my watercolours to that next level. After Ive gotten comfortable with this medium again.

The photo of the lioness I painted was by Olivier Delaere (view his great photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/acinonyx1/) I want to thank you Olivier for the use of your wonderful photos for my artwork.

I'm looking forward to starting another soon.


No comments: