Saturday, May 14, 2011

What is a laybye

What is a lay bye

I had an email this morning from a lady in Europe  asking me to clarify exactly what a lay bye is..

Not realising that a lay bye is called different things around the world I thought I should explain what it is.


A lay bye is a way for you to own an original or commissioned piece of art without having to find the purchase price up front..

It allows you after paying the initial deposit on the piece ... to pay your selected piece off over a 3 - 6 months time period.. . The length of the lay bye/payment  depends upon the price of the artwork be it original or commissioned.

Payments are made fortnightly over the set period of time until the piece is paid for at which time it will be shipped to you..

I hope this clears up the confusion

Catherin McMillan

Original artwork for sale
Commission welcome worldwide

Lay byes/lay aways... Gift Vouchers available

Pay pal welcome

No comments: